Having a beautiful and sparkling smile is a blessing in disguise. Many strive to achieve a healthy, radiant smile because not all are born with it. And this can be achieved through advanced cosmetic procedures in dentistry such as Lumineers! These aesthetic laminates can help boost your confidence by imparting a gorgeous smile.
Specialists at the dentist servicing Littlestown, Hanover, and Gettysburg, PA, offer premium-quality Lumineers to restore the lost spark in your smile.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers are the most popular and frequently used brand of dental veneers. These are ultra-thin porcelain laminates that are snugly fit over your tooth surface. These laminates are used worldwide to camouflage several dental flaws that can be aesthetically unappealing and negatively impact your appearance.
Why do you need Lumineers?
Dentists often recommend Lumineers to treat the following dental flaws:
- Mild to moderate tooth stains or discoloration
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Diastema ( gaps or space between your teeth)
- Moderately crooked teeth
- Teeth that are worn out due to aging
- Poorly aligned or shaped teeth
Do Lumineers offer any benefits?
Lumineers are a popular brand of dental veneers that are gaining traction in the field of cosmetic dentistry since they offer several advantages. Lumineers:
- Involve a non-invasive procedure( no damage to the surrounding structures or tissues)
- Do not require injections or anesthesia
- Require minimal tooth preparation
- Are less time-consuming (requires one or two dental visits) procedure
- Do not cause any pain or discomfort
- Offer aesthetic results since they are tooth-colored and easily blend with the natural teeth
- Require less material, almost the thickness of a contact lens
- Can be removed when you do not need them; thus, getting them is a reversible procedure
- Are durable and long-lasting (over 20 years)
How do dentists fabricate Lumineers?
You can expect the following steps during the fabrication of Lumineers:
- Your dentist will evaluate your oral cavity and record your medical history and lifestyle habits (smoking or tobacco use)
- Your bite will be assessed with the help of dental X-rays
- Your dentist will then remove a small amount of superficial enamel layer from the affected tooth
- Full-mouth impressions will be recorded to prepare a working model
- Your dentist will choose an appropriate shade according to the other natural teeth
- The newly fabricated Lumineers will be bonded to your teeth using a suitable bonding agent
- Your dentist will polish the Lumineers to prevent plaque and bacterial adherence
Lumineers are excellent aesthetic restorations to correct several dental flaws that have been stealing the spark from your smile. A rejuvenated smile leads to a revitalized body and soul, thus improving your overall physical well-being.